Monday, March 22, 2010

Health Scare

This is a unplanned blog, but one that I could not keep from writing. I am in a strange position when it comes to this whole health care thing. I receive no money from the church, never have, so I work full time. I am a Hospice Chaplain and Bereavement Counselor, so I do ministry everyday. The situation is that I get a large part of my funding from the Medicare Hospice benefit. This benefit could get cut and therefore more jobs like mine become in trouble.

Also, with more Government now in the health care setting the "Separation of Church and State" could come back to bite us Chaplains as well. I know that there are so many people who need health care and will benefit from the coverage, but at what cost? I can see both sides of this issue and have friends that fall on either side.

What happens today can be repealed tomorrow. What one vote brings another can take away. What we give to God never moves. We just keep doing the things we are meant to do.

2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Much Love and Do Good

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment