Sunday, June 27, 2010

It's A New Day!!!!

I love new days! Yesterday I was able to spend time with my family at the beach in Panama City. After a week of "dealings" this was the closest thing to a vacation I have had in a while. The water was salty, the waves slightly rough, but, oh so relaxing! On a raft out in the midst of the water I was able to look back and see, my not-so-little, Ethan making a sand castle, Abbie running in and out of the water, Jacob "rafting" his way to me, and Elizabeth, as beautiful as ever, taking it all in and recording the memories on camera.

I enjoyed myself so much. I got a little sun in places I haven't determined had enough sunscreen. I got sand in places only God and my wife should ever see or know about, but it was great! It was late when we got home, thoroughly exhausted, but full of memories.

I say all of that to say this, God is there when we invite him with us. Nothing mystical or strange, he is the friend you "bump into" because he is everywhere. In that sweet moment on the raft looking at my family I had a moment with God. Then Jacob couldn't paddle back to shore on his raft, he started to panic. He reminded me of the T-Rex on "Meet the Robinsons," "Big head, little arms." So I hauled Jacob back in to shore, but I didn't tell the near 10 year old that I still like feeling needed by him.

Much Love

Jonathan

PS- God still likes to feel needed too...Give him a holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment